Wednesday 13 November 2013

Ole! Ole!! Thief!!!

Courtesy Colour Box
Ole! Ole!! Thief!!!...

I have heard people scream this way when their belongings or money gets snatched from them but those words just couldn't find their way to my mouth as I watch my official blackberry disappear in the hands of a thief.


...Everything happened so fast, it was like a joke, that lasted within a split second, i wasn't shocked though cause I know it happens but happening to me was surprising cause I have never lost anything that way before, I only hear of those kinda thieves, though I have retrieved my line like five or six times but it's mostly my phone dropping or the sim getting missing or damaged but snatched?..,that was a first!

My Blackberry Messenger has a lot of Contacts so numerous PINGS run down my battery fast so usually when I'm going back home my battery is always very low or dead so I don't get to use it anymore till i get to the house, but yesterday...it was well charged,

I actually went to meet up with a client who wanted me to do the design in her office(so unusual of me), after getting done with the job, I was so tired and all i wanted to do was to get home as soon as possible and hit the shower, on getting to the bus stop, it was crowded cause there was traffic congestion, and when that happens the fare was usually inflated, so people wouldn't board until a reasonable one comes, yesterday, it went up three times the normal fare, I couldn't wait so I got in the first bus that came my way.

It was more like it was definitely going to happen cause i usually don't like sitting near the window, it was unfortunate that I just happened to do so when I was targeted...i didn't plan to sit there though, I sat a row to the back seat, (I don't really like the back seat too) and just then another passenger wanted to enter, she was kinda fat so she begged me to take the back seat while she takes my space, wanted to be nice so just the way I was sitted, i moved backwards and sat down just beside the window...how tragedic :(

The journey started and we got to where there was traffic, I was thirsty so I called for table water, i opened the window to pay for the water and also gave a man begging for alms the balance i collected from the woman that sold the water, i left the window open a bit so air could make way in, I was initially chatting with my partner that i was working on a project with, was just about telling him that I'll ping him when I get home still waiting for him to read and then put the phone in my pocket, I opened the water to take a sip with my left hand, and all of a sudden I just saw a hand grab my right hand holding the phone, snatched the phone from me, he did it so fast and harshly that he dug his finger into my skin.

I brought out my head out of the window, and for a moment, thought of popping out through the window and giving him a chase but he was really fast and reckless, then my chance of getting it back was really low cause it was already getting dark...and all I could do was watch my phone go...lol, I couldn't even shout, it was the guy beside me that said "that guy don collect ur fone!!!" and I just started laughing cause obviously I knew someone just stole my phone, other passengers made it worse by asking too many questions like..."Which Model?" "you put password?" and all sort.

Anyways, to cut the long story short, my phone got jacked!, it is gone, just thought I should share my ordeal, if it helps anyone, you could just be extra careful when in traffic or probably just don't use your phone at all in traffic at night, well someone at least has to sit near the window...Lolz, just be careful though.

Blackberry Protect was active on the stolen phone so I guess I'll get my backup restored on the new phone so I can still reach ya'll.

7 comments:

  1. Choi! Pele o! This thieves ehn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyah! Sorry o! And I pity when thieves are being burnt alive, shouldn't this case be punished thus, assuming he was caught

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naija, na wah o!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an experience really hurts. We all need to be extra careful.

    ReplyDelete